Elegantly deceptive. The Maxus Hunter is the epitome of a Browning field gun. Rich bluing, gloss walnut and a satin nickel finish receiver. It looks so beautiful that it’s demure appearance masks the superior engineering and ergonomic design that makes the Maxus II so amazing. But don’t let the classic looks trick you into thinking that this is just like every other bird gun in the field. The PowerDrive gas system cycles a wide range of loads and reduces the heaviest and slightest of recoils, making the gun more comfortable to shoot and allowing you to get back on target faster to score a coveted double. Whether you’re taking waterfowl, chukar or pheasant, the Maxus II Hunter looks the part and outperforms the competition.
Maximum reliability. From the day the original Maxus was released, it promised to be the most reliable autoloader available — to say that it has lived up to that expectation is an understatement. The perfectly tuned Power Drive Gas System was designed to function reliability across the ammunition spectrum and reduce felt recoil. Like the original Maxus, the Maxus II also features the proven Lightning Trigger with the fastest lock time of any autoloading shotgun. Comfortable ergonomics, trim dimensions, excellent balance that promote a smooth swing and a host of innovative features all contribute to its status as the shotgun to have for the field, marsh and range.
Perfection, perfected. The Maxus II builds on the success of the original, and adds a new look and more features that improve shooting comfort, performance and speed without sacrificing an ounce of the proven reliability the Maxus has been lauded for.
- Matte black anodized receiver finish
- New satin finish Turkish walnut stock with close radius pistol grip is shim-adjustable for length of pull, cast and drop
- New receiver styling
- New oversize bolt release and bolt handle
- New trigger guard is ramped for easier loading
- New screw-on magazine cap
- Nickel Teflon™ Coating on the bolt, bolt slide, shell carrier, bolt release and bolt handle protect and add lubricity
- Lightweight magazine tube reduces weight
- Chrome chamber and bore increase durability and corrosion resistance
- Fiber-optic front sight and ivory mid-bead
- ABS hard case included
- Three Invector-Plus choke tubes included (F, M, IC)